Ph.D. Student Recruitment
Recruitment in Chinese
- Qualifications: Ideally we look for students satisfying these criteria:
- University: world top 500 for Bachelor-degree or Master-degree university
- Grade: grade > 85/100 or rank top 25% (unnecessary for top university)
- Research experience (ideally with publications/drafts in submission)
- Programming skill (Python is enough, C/C++ experience is a plus)
- Expertise in any CS/EE direction (ML, data analysis, algorithm, optimization, IC, EDA, computer arch, math, etc.). Ideally I hope you can teach me something in your direction. Currently we have a special need for programming experts.
Basic Program Information: HKUST ranked No.34 in QS World University Rankings 2022. The Ph.D. program duration is typically 4 years. The basic monthly salary of Ph.D. students is about HKD 18K. Learn more about the program here.
Research Topics: I have multiple research topics on cutting-edge machine learning for EDA techniques. Detailed instructions will be provided when starting your research.
HKFPS: Learn about HK PhD Fellowship Scheme if you have a strong resume. This fellowship will cover all your expenses. It requries high university rank, high grade rank, and national scholarships (for mainland students). Diversity (e.g. being international or local HK students) is a huge plus. If you think you qualify, do not hesitate to contact me.
- For applicants:
- No need to write a long email, just drop me your CV (filename including your name)
- Please make sure to include your grade (ideally with rank) in your CV
- Better include [PhD Application] and your name in email title
For HKUST Undergraduates
- If you are a HKUST undergraduate EE/CS/math student and want to learn more about research assistant or Ph.D. positions, feel free to contact me. A good grade is a big plus.
- We are also looking for Post-Docs in computer architecture/circuit design/VLSI/EDA directions, especially AI-chip development. We need you got Ph.D. from Universities in QS Top 100 or in Hong Kong. Do not hesitate to contact me for more information!